BUILD A CAREER IN 3D PRINTING
Fusion3 is experiencing tremendous growth and ramping up production of affordable, high-performance 3D Printers. We’re always looking for talented individuals with sales, marketing and precision electronics manufacturing and operations experience.
Take a look at the jobs below. If you don’t see anything now, feel free to send a cover letter, your resume and a link to your linkedin profile to: email@example.com
Product Development Engineer (Posted 10/1/2019)
Fusion3 seeks a motivated, skilled, and experienced product development engineer to join our team as we accelerate new product development. The Product Development Engineer is responsible for successfully executing product development projects, from project conception through handover to the manufacturing team. This breaks down into two broad responsibilities: 1) act as the program manager for new product development efforts and 2) member of the product development team in performing hands-on design work. The Product Development Engineer should leverage his or her broad experience and skills across multiple disciplines to ensure product development proceeds smoothly, is on schedule, on budget, and delivers a high quality product that meets our customer’s needs. The successful candidate will be proficient at performing detailed design, development, and prototyping work across a range of disciplines; in other words, this is a hands-on position.
• As project manager, build a development timeline with company leadership and product development team for product development opportunities and ensure development efforts proceed according to schedule.
• Ensure that the needed resources are in place to meet product development goals. Where additional resources are needed, work with Management to identify and locate these resources.
• Execute product development plans, including drafting product requirements, detailed design work, prototyping, testing, and handover to manufacturing.
• Supply chain/sourcing: Assist team with locating and evaluating potential suppliers; evaluating samples; systems integration of these components.
• Supplier/contractor relationships: Assist team in working with outside vendors and contractors through the development process; hand relationships off to manufacturing team as part of product handover.
• Work with manufacturing and customer support teams to integrate their feedback and input into continuous product improvement.
• Utilize their existing and/or grow a network of subject matter experts who can be called upon as needed to assist the candidate, and the company, as needed.
• 5+ years of experience in a product development or related position.
• 5+ years of experience designing complex electro-mechanical products.
• 3+ years of project/program management experience.
• Demonstrated ability to perform design work, prototyping, and transitioning new products into manufacturing. A portfolio of past projects/products is strongly recommended.
• Engineering degree in Electrical, Mechanical, Computer Science/embedded systems, or Systems Engineering.
• Mechanical engineering background, including motion systems and sheet metal design.
• Electrical engineering background, including AC/DC power, PCB integration, ESD mitigation.
• Experience with various manufacturing processes including sheet metal, injection molding, 3D printing, machining, etc.
• Experience with regulatory approvals process (FCC, UL, CE).
• Experience with product testing, product reliability testing, including testing framework, plans, documentation.
• Knowledge of design tools and frameworks such as DFMEA, Design for Manufacturing, etc.
• Proficient with CAD software such as Solidworks or equivalent EE/CS software.
• Comfortable working with Windows PCs, MS office including MS Project, hosted software (Gmail, Google Sheets, DropBox, etc).
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Full time position; salaried. Compensation will be commensurate with skills and experience.
• Candidates must be able to spend at least 3 days per week onsite in Greensboro, NC, option to work remotely the remaining days of the week.
• Competitive vacation, 401(k), etc.
• Open to national candidates but no relocation is available with this position.
Please send the following to firstname.lastname@example.org:
• A cover letter
• Your resume
• Your LinkedIn profile
• (recommended) A portfolio of past projects that are most applicable to this position
Customer Care Team Lead (Posted 10/23/2019)
Fusion3 prides itself on providing the best customer support from any 3D printer manufacturer. The Customer Care Team Lead is responsible for ensuring Fusion3’s technical support team delights our customers, quickly and accurately resolving their issues. A “player / coach” role, the Lead will also be part of our technical support team coverage and interact daily with customers on regular support issues.
Managing & Staffing the Support Desk:
- Set team schedule to ensure proper coverage of the support desk during business hours.
- Manage team to effectively respond to daily ticket flow.
- Respond to tickets as part of team coverage.
- Ensure service level agreements are met.
Coaching & Mentoring Employees:
- Coach employees in improving individual performance, ability to think strategically, problem solving techniques, and ability to think critically.
- Fostering team mindset and team approach to managing ticket flow and driving to customer resolution.
- Identify and develop basic, intermediate and advanced training resources to help customers accelerate learning and expertise (reducing number of support incidents).
- Identify clusters of issues, leading activities across the company to identify and remedy issues.
- Advocate on behalf of customers, driving process and product changes.
Metrics & Processes:
- Establish daily/weekly/monthly metrics for team and individual performance and response time SLAs.
- Establish processes that drive timely ticket/issue resolution, ensure support desk coverage, and deliver high customer satisfaction.
- Establish a support problem database to enable tracking of issues and fixes, improve accuracy, and foster knowledge sharing.
- Research, recommend, and implement new technology as needed to improve team performance and meet needs as the company grows.
Required Skills & Experience:
- 3-5+ years’ experience of successfully managing and developing small (3-10 employee) customer support teams for a manufacturer or hardware product.
- Experience implementing or improving support team processes and metrics.
- Demonstrated “drive for results”.
- Professional communication skills (phone, written and face-to-face) and appearance.
- Comfortable working with Windows PCs, MS office including MS Project, hosted software (Gmail, Google Sheets, DropBox, etc).
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Associates or Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Ability to lift 75lbs.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Competitive hourly wage, overtime eligible (almost all Fusion3 employees are hourly, ensuring equitable compensation for time worked).
- End-of-year bonus, dependent on company’s and individual performance over the year.
- Paid vacation & holidays.
- 401(k) with company match.
For consideration, please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.