FUSION3 3D PRINTERS:
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
How does Fusion3 ship its printers and its heavy-duty rolling carts?
Is there any assembly required upon delivery?
Do I have the option of shipping using my own carrier?
Customers do have the option of using their own carrier.
However, we do ask the following:
- Due to the difficulty of using different shipping systems & processes, we ask that the customer schedules the shipment (with our assistance).
- We suggest that you fully insure your shipment. While our 3D printers are well packaged, there is always the chance of accidental damage, seen or unseen. Fusion3 is not responsible for any damage incurred during shipment.
Why do you use LTL freight shipping (which is more expensive) vs. UPS / FedEx?
Fusion3’s 3D printers are packaged on a pallet in a shock-mounted box. This ensures everything arrives intact and ready to go.
Can I pick up my 3D printer and/or heavy-duty rolling cart at your factory?
Why is there an additional cost to ship to locations without a freight dock?
The 18-wheeler does not need a liftgate to make this delivery.
If the printer is to be delivered to either a residence or small business that does not have a freight dock, the freight shipper charges an extra fee as they will either have to transfer the printer to a smaller truck or ship on an 18-wheeler with a liftgate. The same fee applies for Educational institutions, Military Bases and other locations with restricted access. The freight shipper assumes that they will have to use a smaller truck to navigate tight parking lots or narrow roadways.
Once shipped, how long will it take to deliver my Fusion3 3D Printer to a location in the United States?
The time to receive a printer once shipped depends on your location and will vary.
It usually takes 2-7 business days to locations in the United States.
There are many factors that contribute to the shipping time, including:
- location of the destination to the carrier’s shipping hub(s)
- residential location (requires an extra day to schedule delivery)
- seasonality / weather
Once shipped, how long will it take to deliver my Fusion3 3D Printer to a location in Canada?
3D Printer & cart shipments to Canada, as in the US, are shipped via LTL freight carriers.
However, unlike US deliveries, Canadian shipments have to go through Canadian customs which takes additional time.
Fusion3 offers as an option to use our Customs Broker and the collection of HST/GST.
Do you ship internationally?
We provide two options, we can ship it to your door or to save cost, we can ship the printer to your nearest airport where you can pick it up.
Who is responsible for international taxes and duties?
Once shipped, how long will it take to deliver my Fusion3 3D Printer to an International destination via Air Freight?
Time to receive your Fusion3 3D printer can vary greatly when shipping to an international destination.
We’ve, but we’ve found most orders are received within 7 to 10 days of leaving our warehouse.
- Availability of shipping space on commercial flights
- The distance from the US to your country
- Time to clear customs in your country
- Any special handling (like delivery from the airport to your location).